If you are a massage practitioner and your body aches and your hands and wrist are hurting, please continue reading.
I am privileged to be able to help you learn these amazing techniques – as taught by Darien Pritchard. She has been Darien’s assistant since 2009.
This 8 days training is designed to save your fingers, thumbs and wrists (the commonest areas of strain for massage practitioners) while applying firm pressure.
The aim is to expand your repertoire and freshen your approach, to help you be more effective when applying pressure, and thereby to help you to maintain your career.
The course assumes and builds upon a developed feeling for pacing and fluidity in massage, and monitoring and adapting to the client’s build, comfort and responses.
Save your hands – extend your career
Who is this course for?
CPD Workshop for Qualified Massage Practitioners, Aromatherapists etc
4 sessions of 2 days each, over several months.
6 hours per day contact time = 48 hours.
Advanced Hands Free Massage Training covers
- the soft forearm (the fleshy inner forearm) for applying widespread general pressure – this is firmer and uses less effort than using your palm
- the hard forearm (the ulna) and the bony areas around the elbow for applying focused pressure in an appropriate, skillful way in order to save your fingers, thumb and knuckles
- the whole forearm for mobilising parts of the body and for applying stretches
- all of these tools for both oil and non-oil massage
- a range of forearm and elbow techniques that can substitute for and extend ‘classic’ massage techniques for varied pressures
- how and where to best use them
- how to moderate the pressure applied
- how to adapt them to different client builds, tensions and responses
- how to blend them smoothly into massage sessions
- how to support this with good bodyuse, rather than working too hard with your arms and shoulders
Full course information
Please call me if you would like to know more – 07887 612 242